Peer Mentoring is all about YOU and your fellow students. You get to…
- Use your knowledge, skills and voice to help other kids achieve success at school.
- Be a Coping Skills subject matter expert or SME!
- Prepare to meet individual students’ learning styles and levels of understanding
- Give 1:1 academic tutoring, apart from whole class instruction
- Give peer feedback and encouragement
- Demonstrate examples in language and terms a student relates to
- Provide structured time for students to think and talk about problems that interfere their learning
- Extend friendship beyond tutoring time
- Meet new people at school, gather with friends, and partner with adults who work in careers that interest you.